Sunday, December 7, 2008

Scotland :)


Scotland is so pretty.


On Friday morning, the bus left for London at 3:30am. It was a REALLY early start for us all. After we got to London, we had to take a 5 or so hour train ride up to Edinburgh, Scotland. Scotland is beautiful. There are so many old buildings, hills, stairs, roads that twist and turn etc. It was a wonderful place.


The first day, we were all so so tired. We did as much as we could. We started by having a little guided tour on the coach. Our tour guide was this little old man that was wearing a kilt and played bagpipes (could the stereotypical view get any...stereotypical?) It was very short, but it was a decent introduction. We stayed in this bed and breakfast place. It was nice. Nothing amazing though...the house was huge. I couldn't believe one person used to own the entire building.


We took some time and walked down the main road of Edinburgh. There was a carnival and a little Christmas Market. In the carnival, there was a psychic, and I've never been to one, so I had her read my tarot cards. It was interesting...but I still don't know whether it was a bunch of rubbish or not. She seemed to have repeated some sentences to us, but there were strange moments where she was dead on. Hmmmm...it was crazy though because there was a guy in the booth with her before it was our turn to go in, and when he walked out I asked him how much it was and if it was any good. He was really short, and had a thick Scottish accent. When he was talking to me though, I couldn't help but think that he looked oddly familiar. I turned to my friend Jen, and her mouth was hanging open. When he walked away, I turned to her and was like "WAS THE SEAMUS FINNIGAN FROM HARRY POTTER!?" Of course it was; and we didn't realize it until he was off in the distance so we weren't able to get a picture with him :( Oh well...I've had such the best of luck with famous people while I've been here haha.


It was so cold that night though, and we were so tired. It felt like it was midnight, but we realized it was only like 9pm. We decided to turn in early just because we had an early start to the next day.


Saturday morning, was an all day trip to the Highlands and Loch Ness. The Highlands are a bunch of mountains. Beautiful mountains though. The view was incredible. I have so many pictures of mountains on my camera haha. It was gorgeous though. Words cannot describe! I'm not really sure what else to say. When we returned around 8pm, we just grabbed some dinner and walked through the carnival again.


On Sunday, we reserved tickets to go to Mary King's Close. It's basically a village that was built on top of. It was really dark, dusty, musty, and kind of creepy down there. We had a guide take us around, and she told us about the murders and what it looked like originally down there. It is supposedly haunted, but we didn't see any ghosts. Although, we were looking into this one house, and we heard footsteps. I don't know if the tour made the noise so we would get scared or if they were actually real. After that, we grabbed some lunch and went to the Elephant House. This is where J.K. Rowling wrote her Harry Potter books. It was a very nice and upbeat cafe/coffee house, so we got some hot chocolate and a little desert. It was so cool though just to be there and see where she wrote her novels. Very cool...


It was such a long ride back though because some worker was killed by a train as we were making our way back. The trains were all backed up, so it took like an extra hour than it should have. I'm so tired right now!


I think our group of friends are starting to get annoyed with each other though. I don't really care though because, even though this is sad to say, I probably won't see any of them again, it's sad that it's happening at the end of our trip. I think it's just cause emotions are running high though. We all want to go home and want to stay at the same time...


I know this is random, but I'm so excited because Erica booked Britney tickets! AH! Can't wait!

I have to go to bed though because I have to get up early and work on my final! I can't believe I come home in like 6 days! CRAZY!

No comments: