Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thankgiving-Germany-London

This is going to be a bit of a long entry. We just got internet today, so I'm able to catch up on everything that has been happening since about last Thursday (Thanksgiving). It's a little after 2am, but I'm not tired because I had an AMAZING day...
Last Thursday was Thanksgiving. The first turkey that I ever cooked was delicious. I'm a freakin' pro. It was juicy and slid right off the bone...perfect. It was really hectic though because it was at my house, there were about 15 people, and at first I was running around like a turkey with my head chopped off because no one was helping. Thankfully, Shannon, Emma, and Amber started to help me because they saw I was panicing. It was so stressful. Everyone had made their food and brought it over to my house at around 3pm, so then it was just sitting on the counter, and then I had to make sure everything was warm and ready to be served while trying to cut the turkey and entertain everyone etc. AH! At one point, my roommate Emma had put a plastic measuring cup on a hot warmer and it started to melt...that was my breaking point so I left the kitchen to have a cigarette and take a breather. Everyone thought I was pissed, but I just needed a break because it was way too much, and I was a little annoyed that everyone was sitting at the table just watching me. All in all though, everything was delicious and turned out very well.
After dinner, I needed a drink so bad. We ended up drinking a lot, and then made our way to a pub called The Jolly Sailor. I got absolutely trashed. I can't remember much of that night, and this was so bad because our cab was picking us up at 2:30am to take us to the airport for Germany. I got home, fell on the floor, and was given so many cups of coffee...thrown in the shower and dressed by my roommates...my roommates even packed for me because I forgot to, and they even made me a turkey sandwich :) They are the best ever! I was still so drunk when the cab came that I passed out on the ride to the airport. By time we got there, I was beginning to get the hugest hangover ever...once I got out of the cab, I tried to make myself throwup but nothing would come out. That plane ride was the worst. It was only an hour, but it seemed like forever. Once I got off the plane, I threwup so so much; it was disgusting.
Christina, Mandie, and I arrived in Frankfurt. We were welcomed by snow! Sadly, we had to take a bus ride right after the airport. We then met up with 2 of Christina's friends at the train station and walked around Frankfurt. Then we took a train to Fulda...took another train the Hamburg...then met up with Christina's half sister that lives in Hamburg. It was a horrible day...I'm never doing that again...so we basically went from plane to bus to train to train to car...ya
We stayed at Christina's half sister's house. Lisa (her sister) was so so nice. Her English wasn't bad at all either. By time we got there, it was probably around 8pm, so we just got a nice dinner at a restaurant called Einstein and went to bed. The next morning, we went to a mall and did a little shopping...met up with her sister/her sister's step son...and went to a bunch of Christmas markets. It was so so pretty. I wish my camera took really nice pictures at night because I wasn't able to take too many great pictures.
We tried some hot wine at this stand. It's like red wine mixed with herbs, and obviously it's hot. It was good, but somehow really strong. One little cup and you felt a little dizzy. After looking around at the many Christmas shops, we just walked around, stopped at this restaurant that brewed their own beer. I tried it (it was alright, nothing special), had a bratwurst and pickle (it was delicious), and then we went to a carnival. The carnival was HUGE! There were so many rides and shops there. It was a lot of fun. We went on this roller coaster that had 5 loops. It was totally worth the 6 euros. I wanted to take a video of it, but the seats shut so tight that I couldn't reach my camera :( After the carnival, we then made our way to Reeperbaun (if that's how you spell it). Reeperbaun is this street that has a bunch of sex shops, clubs, pubs, stores, and prostitutes...it was full of people, many of whom were drunk, and at times it was a little scary. I was so glad Christina's sister and her sister's husband were with us...otherwise who knows what could have happened just because there was a footbal game Hamburg vs. Amsterdam or something like that, so there were a lot of people from Holland who were starting fights etc.
We looked at some more Christmas shops, and before we knew it, it was past midnight and we were so tired. The next morning we woke up and made our way to the airport...only to find out that Christina had said the wrong airport. Luckily, we made it to the right airport on time and caught our flight. The weekend just flew by while we were there. We absolutely didn't have enough time in Germany. I feel like I did get to see that much, but I'm still glad I went. It was nice.
Monday, I began to do some more research for my last paper. I'm so excited because I'm almost done with it, and then all I'll have left to do is prepare for the final. That night, some friends and I went to Chill night club. It was a lot of fun. They played Britney Spears at midnight in honor of the release of her new album and 27th birthday...it was freakin' sweet. We even made Britney a birthday cake not only because it was her birthday, but also because we had a taste for chocolate cake. Tuesday, nothing really happened. I had class and began to write more of my paper.
Wednesday (today) though was INCREDIBLE! AH! I had so much fun today...ok so I skipped my class today just so I could go to London one more time before I left. It was totally worth it. Nat, Emma, and I caught a bus at 6:55am. When we arrived, we ate some breakfast and just relaxed because we were really tired. We then made our way to Hyde Park where the Princess Diana memorial is. We followed the memorial walk, and thankfully the fountain was open! It was very cool. It isn't really a fountain; it's kind of hard to explain, but it was very modern looking and meaningful to Diana's life. It is a very nice memorial. I'll show pictures when I get home :) We walked around the fountain, then made our way to Winter Wonderland which was basically just a bunch of shops and rides that you could go on. We just walked through and got some candy because the rides were too expensive to go on.
After the Wonderland, we went back to Victoria Station because we got tickets to see Wicked...yes I saw it again! It was AMAZING! I was in complete shock just because Kerry Ellis came back to the London show this past Monday, and I had no idea. She really isn't famous, but she kind of is in the broadway world. I was in shock when she ran onstage. I couldn't believe it. I took some videos of her singing. Her voice is so powerful and pure...so good! After the show, we went to the stage door to meet her, but she was in a rush because she had another show to do later, so she only signed like 10 of the 20 people's playbills (of course I was one of them). I was upset though that I couldn't get a photo with her :( It was alright though because so many more excited things were going to happen later on that night.
We then made our way back to Picadilly Circus (my favorite part of London) and walked around. We came across a huge group of people and saw signs that said TWILIGHT all over. Of course we made our way through the crowd to the front to see what was going on. I guess there was a release of the movie over here, so we were able to see the main character of the movie! He also plays Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter 4. It was really cool, but I was too far to get a good photo of him.
After that, we made our way to the stage door of Rainman to see if Josh Hartnett was going to come out. Of course he did! There had to be like 75 people there waiting to see him and we 3 were at the front of it all. I got so many good pictures of him, and I also got his autograph! When he was signing my playbill, I asked him how his Thanksgiving was and he laughed and said "Oh it was fine thanks...and yours?" and of course I responded with "It was awesome!" Ya that's right, I had a 5 second conversation with Josh Hartnett...jealous? He only gave out like 20 signatures, and I'm so glad my friends and I were able to get them. He went back inside because it was too crowded, and people were like "We should stay here, because he has to come out to get home!" Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the van that almost ran me over the last time we tried to see Josh Hartnett. So I grabbed my friends and I was like "WE HAVE TO FOLLOW THAT VAN". We did, and I was right! Josh came out a different side of the building, so I was able to get a few last photos. A bunch of girls were screaming and banging on the windows so I screamed "LEAVE HIM ALOOOOONE...HE'S JUST A PERSON!" being sarcastic...it was funny...guess you had to be there. Then the van drove away :)
Oh today was such a marvelous day! So much fun! So much excitement!
I can't believe I come home in like 10 days or something...carazy! Oh well, I had a blast while I've been here. I can't wait to see all of you! It's really late now, and I'm going to attempt to post some photos on facebook of Josh Harnett to make everyone jealous haha...
Miss and Love

No comments: