Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween


So on Wednesday, a few British friends (Emma, Rob, Tara, Nat) and I went to Thorpe Park. It's their "Six Flags Great America" basically, but ours is way better. It was absolutely packed. We got there around 2pm and left at 11pm; we were only able to go on 4 rides and eat dinner during that amount of time. It was insane. All the lines were about 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours long so we had no choice, but it was worth it. We made the mistake of going on a water ride first because it was the shortest line (obviously because it was cold outside), and my back was wet the rest of the time we were there :(



We also went in 2 haunted houses. They were so well decorated and actually scary. The first one we went in, Asylum, was scary, but it wasn't that scary for me because the guys that were behind us were being stupid and kind of ruining the scary part of it by saying stupid shit that just ruined the scary mood. It was really creepy though because it was so loud and strobe lights were going on constantly. The second house was called 7, and it was about the seven deadly sins, but there were also some references to the movie also. This house was a little more scary for me because I was at the back of the line of people when we went in so at one point, one of the actors in the house came up behind me and made like a cat hissing noise right in my ear, and it freaked me out. Then my backpack accidentally hit the fire door, but I thought that some actor was about to jump out at us so I screamed at that point too but then realized that I had done it haha.



By the time we finished the haunted houses, it was pretty late so most of the lines were emptying, but the park was about to close. We had enough time to go on one roller coaster, and it kind of reminded me of Batman at 6 Flags.



Thursday, it was my turn to cook dinner for everybody so I went all out and made a nice big roast. It was so good! Thanks for the help/recipe mama. Then we started to play a few drinking games and made our way to Chill. It was such a good night because it was raining outside so Chill was practically empty whereas it usually is so packed you can't move. We had a lot of fun!



Yesterday (Halloween), was an alright day. I woke up from the sound of someone pounding on my door at 9:45am only to find out that it was the head warden from the area where I live. He was warning me and two of my other roommates that someone had complained about the noise again, and this was our last warning because the next time it will either be a fine or we'll be kicked out. So yesterday kind of sucked in the beginning. We all know that the Romanian girl Julia complained about us, and it really is pissing me off because she is the only one that has a problem about anything in the house. She should just move out because now we have to be dead silent at my house for the rest of the time I'm here. I feel so bad for my roomie Emma who is here till July because she can't be loud at all for that amount of time she is here or she could be kicked out. So stupid...I hate Julia so much...ugh!



Anyway, I dressed up as a vampire for Halloween. It was a lot of fun, but something really bad happened that night that I can't really talk about on here. So I'll have to save that for story time when I get home :)



It's been raining all day today. I'm just staying in for tonight and going to watch scary movies with some friends. The election is coming up now! Hope you're all voting for Obama! :)

No comments: