Thursday, November 6, 2008

Update


Yesterday was Guy Fawke's day. It is kind of like 4th of July with all the fireworks, but theirs is a little different in meaning. Some guy tried to blow up Pariliament, and they caught him and burned him at the stake. Usually there is a big bonfire with a fake man being burnt in it, but I didn't get to see it :( A few friends and I went to the University of Kent because they had free fireworks there, but there was no big bonfire so I was a little upset. The fireworks were pretty though, and then we went on a ride they had there.


Today is my amazing British roommate Emma's birthday. I just got done baking a cake and decorating the kitchen. We're all planning on doing a little drinking here and then making our way to a pub. I have to be good though because I have to get up early tomorrow!


Tomorrow, we have a field trip to London. A few friends and I are staying in a hostel for the weekend. We're going to see Wicked on Saturday, and tomorrow we're planning on going to this bar that's made all out of ice then go on the London Eye. Hopefully we're able to see everything that we want to see. My friend Rachel that is studying abroad in Rome right now is visiting London this weekend, so I'm hoping we can meet up and have dinner or something because next weekend I'm going to Rome, and she might show us around!


All is well though. I miss everyone at home and my car. I was able to catch up on all my Desperate Housewives episodes so I feel SO much better now. It's so good. YAY OBAMA WON! Wish I could have been home to go to Grant Park and here his speech. I watched it online, and it was really good.


I'm hungry now so I'm going to go eat.


Love and miss!


p.s. that's a photo of my amazing roommate Emma and I watching the fireworks :) I'm gonna miss her so much :(

No comments: