Sunday, November 23, 2008

London Visit


Friday, we had out last field trip to Windsor Castle where the Queen lives. It was so pretty there, and very cold. It was nice to go inside some rooms though that the queen and other people actually use. The trip went by very fast, but it was cool because we went in this room where they had all these goblets and candlesticks with diamonds and made out of gold, and I asked a guy if the queen or anyone else is still able to use these, and he told us to go look at these candelsticks because you can still see the wax that was left on there from them using them last week! That was very cool. We had a lot of extra time there, so we did a little shopping, and I got some comfy sweat pants.



Yesterday, Nina, Jen, Amy, Shannon, and I went up to London for the day. It was so cold, but it was nice to go up there probably for the last time before I leave.



We met up with Nina's friend who is studying abroad in Spain, and walked around then made our was to Westerminster Abbey. We paid to go inside, and it was so beautiful in there. I was upset though because we weren't allowed to take any pictures inside. It was a great time though. There are so many dead people buried in there; it's kind of creepy, but they also had a section of memorials dedicated to certain British writers so that was very cool to see.



After that, we made our way to Abbey Road. It really is just a road. It was nice to walk across it though and sign the wall that's there for visitors. Time flew by so fast though, so we had to make our way towards the Apollo Theatre because we booked tickets to go see Rainman.



We had a lovely lunch at Mcdonalds and met up with Amy and Shannon there. It was actually the best fast food I've had since I've been here haha. Then they showed us where the stage door was so we could rush to it after the show and get some photos and an autograph of Josh Hartnett since he was the main character of the play.



When we got the stage door, there were already a few people waiting there so we just chilled there because we had nothing else to do. Then a silver van pulled up, and it looked like it was going to hit me so I got back onto the sidewalk, but it stopped. The door opened, and JOSH HARTNETT WAS IN THE VAN! The four of us couldn't believe our eyes just because we were in shock that it was actually him. I don't think any of us made a sound just because we couldn't believe that it was actually him. He looked kind of pissed, but I guess he had food poisoning the past week so maybe he wasn't feeling that great. I was so upset though because I wasn't fast enough to get my camera out for a photo. It was so cool that we got to see him in person though.



The play was rather good though. Personally, I liked the movie better, but it was so cool that Josh Hartnett was the star of it. After the show ended we rushed to the stage door to be first in line, but sadly Josh wasn't going to come out because he wasn't feeling well, and he had to do another show in 2 hours. I was SO SO SO upset and incredibly pissed. We still waited there though in the cold for like 45 minutes just to see if he would show up, but he didn't. I got an autograph and photo with the other main character Adam Godley who plays the character with autism. I told him to send Josh a message and tell him that 'We were going to invite him to our Thanksgiving next week, but since he didn't come out it's his loss'. He laughed and said he would pass on the message, but I doubt he did.



After that, we met up with Nina and made our way to the Princess Dianna memorial fountain, but instead of being under construction, it was closed! AH! I can never win in London :( It was altogether a nice day though.



Right now, my head kind of hurts. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have mixed emotions right now just because I wanted to meet Josh Hartnett so bad, I'm going to be leaving so soon, I have a decent amount of work to do, Germany is coming up and I think it's going to be expensive and I'm worried that I won't have any money when I get home, I miss people back at home though, and other stuff is going on. It's probably what usually happens when there isn't much time left here. I hope the rest of my trips are fun though, and everything runs very smoothly.



I have to do some research for a paper now though.



Miss and love

No comments: