Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just an update

So the weather finally gave in and it's now crappy looking outside :(

Yesterday (Tuesday) it rained literally all day so I just stayed in, did my homework, then a group of us ordered food and watched Superbad because some foreigners hadn't seen it yet.

Today was the 2nd time I've had class, and the amount of work they give you is pretty hefty. I would say so far that American classes seem easier, but I may be getting ahead of myself because I haven't been to all my classes yet.

On Monday, we went to Chill again. It was a lot of fun, but now that I know what the "club" scene is like over here, I probably won't go to them much more just because I'd rather spend my money on traveling than alcohol.

I wish I was able to have more contact with home! Not having internet is killing me now haha. I wouldn't mind calling you all, but it does cost quite a bit of money so it will add up. I would also like to send postcards etc. but for 5 stamps I think it's almost 5 quid so that's close to $2 a stamp! Things are more expensive here for sure, but so far it's been worth it.

Tonight is another pub tour, and if it doesn't rain I'll be going. Last week's tour was a lot of fun and I made a good friend, so hopefully tonight will be even better.

Nothing else is really happening. I'm just getting ready for my other classes to start. On Friday we have a field trip to Dover Castle and a tour of secret war tunnels. I'll post a picture for you all to see!

I heard that things back at home are getting crazier with the market and companies going bankrupt (?). It does have quite a few people worried over here because someone told me that basically things like this happen first in the U.S. then it trickles over to the other more powerful nations such as the U.K. and then it trickles down to the other smaller countries. For instance, the housing market has been bad for awhile back at home, it started to happen over here about a month ago. I hope nothing more happens!

Well I guess that's it for now. I'll probably write again on Friday!

p.s. don't be scared to send me things! i do miss home!

p.s. it seems like a lot of people here are 2 finger typers...weird

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, a lot of mortgage companies are being bailed out by the government and everyone is wondering where the hell the money is coming from, and no one knows exactly what else we can do.

Anonymous said...

PS. This is Lauren.

Anonymous said...

hey jeff! its sam baker.
i'm glad you're having fun and i look forward to the pictures!

and a little politics update...
things have gotten even weirder. mccain suddenly decided he needed to 'suspend his campaign' to work on the bailout plan in washington, even though they were already close to passing the bill and his presence has not been there, and wasn't really necessary. it is still up in the air if he is going show up at the first debate tomorrow, which could possibly mean they cancel one of them. obama is for sure going, and says he will hold a meeting tomorrow night even if mccain doesn't show. it's getting truly ridiculous over here, and i didn't think mccain's party could pull anything crazier than putting sarah palin up for vp. they are really getting in the way of some serious business. if you want to watch something scary...check out her new interview with katie couric. how are you voting over there? do you have to send in an absentee ballot?