Monday, September 22, 2008

So Much Fun!


So this is going to include about 2-3 days of fun.

On Saturday the 20th, a few friends and I went to the coast. It was only about a 20 minute bus ride on a double decker bus. Those busses are CRAZY! We sat at the top front of the bus, and it literally felt like we were going to hit everything (buildings, people, animals, signs etc.) I think this is where the idea of the night bus from harry potter came from because it seemed like we squeezed our way through different obstacles. Every time we thought we would hit something and it didn't happen we all were just like "how did we not hit that!?". We arrived at Hern Bay, and it was so pretty. The coast was full of flowers and so many birds and people.

Off in the distance it looked like there was a little castle or something. Us being curious tourists decided to find out what it was. After a 4 mile walk along the coast just to get there, it ended up being an old church that was bombed in WWII. It was also very pretty. They were going to tear it down, but it was left there as a reminder. I got some great pictures of it, but I wish I had the time to post some!

We also had a picnic by the coast, and that, again, was so beautiful. It had to be one of the best views for a picnic. We also then went to Whistable where there was a little castle there and plenty of shops. The castle was owned by a rich british man as a "summer home", but it's now used as a place for parties and weddings etc.

Yesterday, we went into town and went on a boat tour down Stour river. Our Irish tour guide, Vincent, was so funny and did an excellent job telling us the history of the little man made river we were on. The bridges we went under were so low that I had to bend over to make sure I didn't hit my head. After that we had lunch at a baquette shop....simply delicious. After lunch, we went into a Canterbury Tales Museum, and it was a guided tour with headphones that told you each tale. There were wax figures all over the place trying to act out the stories. It was very interesting, but at the same time creepy. A French girl, Delsa, came with us and at one point she screamed so loud when one of the figures jumped out, I couldn't stop laughing.

Today is more of a relaxing day. We (when I refer to we I'm referring to friends that go to school in NY and are my neighbors at the flat that I've been hanging out with basically every day) went to school to use the internet, and later today we're going to make dinner and then go out to the club Chill again.

I should be starting another class this week, but my schedule isn't final yet so that is another thing I have to do while I'm on campus. My flat is almost full too! There is only one empty room now.

I think that's about it. Sorry I haven't put up any pictures, but my battery runs out by time I get the chance to do it :( Miss and love you all! I took a quick video of my flat so once I'm able to put it up on youtube, I'll post the link on here!

Until next time...

No comments: