Sunday, October 12, 2008

2 months and London

This past Friday was 2 months since my dad passed away. It was also my mom's 46th birthday, and our first trip to London...talk about a day of mixed emotions. To be honest, there isn't a day when I don't think about him or that day when everything happened. It just seems to replay in my head constantly, and I can't make it stop. What I would give just to talk to him on the phone and let him know about everything going on...indescribable.

On a better note though, London was a lot of fun. We left in the morning at 8am and I didn't get home till 1:30am. My feet basically felt like they were bleeding by time I got home haha. SO MUCH WALKING! Once we arrived there, we were given a tour of London. We didn't get everywhere (like Big Ben and Buckingham Palace), but we will on our other tours. I also got to see this area where they filmed part of Harry Potter where he walks into the pub to get into Diagon Alley. It looked kind of stupid in the picture I took, but you had to be there I guess. We weren't able to have a tour of St. Paul's Cathedral because they cancelled all the tours that day due to the filming. When we were heading back to the bus though we walked past Jude Law and didn't even realize it, but then when we did I turned around and got a picture of his back, and I was screaming "HEY JUDE...HEY JUDE", but he didn't turn around :(. So I got a picture of his back haha. Since the tour was cancelled we went to the British Museum and saw the Rosetta Stone and so many other amazing things. I forgot to upload my pictures otherwise I would post one on this blog.

After the museum tour, the dad of a girl in our group had a play going at a theatre where we were. It was called "Fat Pig", and it was hilarious. It was a very very good play. I think it's also playing in New York, but although he is from Illinois and lives there, he doesn't have his plays there I guess because theatre isn't as big as other places. The play was really good though.

After the play we had to rush to the tube, and that was the first time I used the tube. The escalator to get down to the tube was SO steep. I felt like I was going to fall! I also felt like I was in Harry Potter because it reminded me of the scene where Mr. Weasley couldn't get through the gates...anyway...Then we couldn't find the bus, but it was so exciting, and I felt like I was on the Amazing Race tv show or something just because we had no idea where we were, what we were doing, and we were running everywhere. It was a huge adrenaline rush.

Saturday we had another party then went to 2 pubs and called it a night. Again, it was a lot of fun, but that was about it.

Today I tried to play football (soccer) with this girl (Christina) in front of our flats, but I kicked the ball to hard and it went over the fence so we only played for like 10 minutes haha. Amy, our british friend, made a nice big dinner for all of us, and now I'm here, and then I'm going to go back and read my ass off.

Tomorrow I'm going to the library at noon and working on all my homework till 7pm and then going to the show Nina, Jenn, and a few others and I booked a few weeks ago. It's called State of Matter and has all the crazy acrobatics and stuff going on. It should be exciting!

This weekend I'm going to Paris! Can't wait!

I still can't believe I don't have interent. It's really pissing me off because once I get it I can chat on skype with many of you!

That's about it though. Miss and love you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I decided to leave you a comment an all message boards you have avaible and I expect a lengthy charming responce from all three, espeshelly myspace, I know how much you hate it.